To ensure that social distancing measures are in effect as well as to increase the number of candidates that can take the test daily, the NCLEX-RN and NCLEX-PN, effective from March 25, 2020 until July 2020, will be administered as follows:
- Computerized Adaptive Testing (CAT) will still be used
- The minimum number of test items will be 60
- The maximum number of test items will be 130
- The maximum testing time will be 4 hours
- The difficulty level and passing standard has not changed
- The Next Generation NCLEX Special Research Section will NOT be included
This means, the questions, difficulty, passing standard, content etc. remains the same. The only change is that the number of questions will be reduced and the total time allowed will only be 4 hours. Also, the candidates will not have to do the research questions after exam.
So, don’t think you can go easy on studies. You still need to prepare well.