Updated: 25th May 2018
In this policy, “you” and “your” refers to any person or entity subscribing to and/or using the Service (“Users”). “Service” refers to any current or future products (paid or free) offered by AppleRN. Unless otherwise stated, “AppleRN,” “we,” and “our” will refer collectively to AppleRN.
Information We Collect
We collect information when you access our website or use any of our services (including but not limited to our mobile applications). Information could be collected in any/all of the following modes.
Information You Provide
When you register as a member or request information, we will use our registration and online enrollment forms to collect personally identifying information such as your full name, email address, telephone number, educational background, and credit card information (“personal data”). In addition, if you contact us via email or offline, we may collect the personal data that you voluntarily provide us at that time. You can visit most of the public pages on our website site without revealing any personal data.
You may choose to voluntarily submit other information to us through our services that we do not request and, in such instances, you are solely responsible for such information.
Information Collected Automatically
For each visitor to our website, our server automatically records IP (Internet Protocol) address, browser type, operating system, domain name, access times, and referring website addresses.
For users interacting with our services, we may also collect various information using different types of technologies. This information includes:
- Type of subscription and your interactions with our Service.
- Details of the queries you make, and the date and time of your request.
- Any content (as defined previously) you post to the Service including answer responses, notes, flash cards, messages, and forum posts you send and/or receive via the Service.
- Technical data, which may include URL information, cookies, your IP address, the types of devices you are using to access or connect to our Service, unique device ID, device attributes, network and device performance, browser type, language, operating system, and AppleRN application version.
- Location data based on your IP address. AppleRN may use third-party applications to look up location based on your IP address. At no point will your personal or other identifying data (other than IP address) be used for such specific purpose.
How We Use Collected Information
We may use any information collected, including personal information:
- To complete, perform, and support the activity for which the information was provided.
- To improve the content of our website or services.
- To ensure technical functionality of the Service, develop new products and services, and analyze your use of the Service, including your interaction with applications, products, and services that are made available, linked to, or offered through the Service.
- To customize the content and/or layout of our website for you.
- To notify you about updates to our website, if you have consented to receive such information.
- To contact you for marketing purposes, if you have consented to receive such information.
- To process your payment or prevent or detect fraud.
- To contact you for employment opportunities.
Persons who supply us with their telephone numbers online will only receive telephone contact from us with information regarding orders they have placed online or with regard to technical, billing, or product-related issues when deemed necessary during our regular office hours.
How is the Information Shared
The information collected may be:
- Shared with our agents or contractors who assist in providing support for our internal operations.
- Used by all of our trading names and affiliated group companies, and transferred to other countries for processing. These countries may not have similar data privacy laws, but if we transfer your information in this way, we will take steps to ensure that your information continues to be protected.
- Disclosed when legally required to do so at the request of governmental authorities conducting an investigation, to verify or enforce compliance with the policies governing our website and applicable laws, or to protect against misuse or unauthorized use of our website, to a successor entity in connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, sale of assets, or other corporate change respecting the website.
The information will not be disclosed to third parties unless you have explicitly consented to do so.
Storage, security and transfer of data
A cookie is a small piece of information that is sent by a website and stored on the visitor’s computer. Cookies are small files and will not pose any significant disk space concerns. Some cookies used by the AppleRN website may remain on the user’s computer after they leave the website, but most are set to expire within 30-365 days. You can disable cookies using the settings on your web browser, but doing so will prevent you from taking advantage of customization and certain security features.
We use data hosting provider(s) in the United States to store your data. The provider(s) chosen employ industry-compliant security measures to ensure data protection and up-time. Although we are committed to employing safeguards to protect user information, due to the inherent nature of online and evolving technologies, it is not possible to completely secure any/all data. We cannot guarantee that data is absolutely safe and secure from intrusion.
How long is the data stored
The duration of data storage usually depends on the type of information as indicated below. After the indicated time, the data is either deleted or archived (backed up). In cases where the data is archived, we make all efforts to continue to keep it secure until the time data is deemed safe for deletion.
Personal Information: This data is stored until the time you request to have it deleted. However, we may retain some personal information for a certain duration for us to meet certain legal and financial requirements, to resolve disputes, to enforce our agreements, and to support business operations.
Subscription data: Subscription-related data is stored until the subscription is no longer active. Once the subscription expires, the data is archived (backed up). As mentioned previously, we make all efforts to keep such data safe until it is deemed safe for deletion.
Service via organization: If the Service is provided to you through an organization, subscription-related data can be retained until the administrator of the organization gives approval for deletion or until the point the data is deemed irrelevant. After such time, the data can be either deleted or archived (backed up).
Transmission of Personal Data
The user acknowledges and agrees that by providing AppleRN any information through the website, the user automatically consents to the transmission of such personal or proprietary user information over international borders, as necessary, for processing in accordance with AppleRN standard business practices.
How to control your information
Update Personal Information
Upon request, we offer users the ability to have inaccuracies corrected in contact information, financial information, unique identifiers, and transaction information. Users can have this information corrected by sending an email to contact@AppleRN.com. You can also request to have any personal information, not relevant to the original purpose for which it was collected, removed by writing to us at the above email address.
Opt Out of Email Notifications
You can update your preferences by following the “Unsubscribe” link included at the bottom of any email communication. Due to the technical failures and/or other unforeseen reasons, if the system fails to update your preferences, you can also write to us directly at contact@AppleRN.com.
Other Privacy Information
As stated, AppleRN will maintain the confidentiality of all user communications that contain personal information transmitted directly to AppleRN. Postings by a user on any public arena, such as a message board or in a chat room, will not and cannot be protected as confidential.
Our Services are not intended or directed toward individuals under age 18. If you fall under the age of 18, please do not use our Services or register on our website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from users under age 18. If it is brought to our attention that personal information has been collected from individuals under age 18, we will take required measures to delete such information. You can write to our support team at contact@AppleRN.com to address any concern you may have regarding such information.